Sunday, October 31, 2010

"The Airing of the Children"

"Children
should be aired out." is something I have heard all my life while growing up.  I know they meant that childen should get fresh air but what was the reason.  Was there really a purpose for this besides to get us out of the house so that they could get things done without all the questions children ask that sometimes slow the rate of accomplishment?  Well according to Prevention the fresh air feels great, health, and boosts brain function.  I also reports the fresh air boosts vitamin G and the exposure to the sun can produce vitamin D.   These help to prevent stress, cancer, reduce ADHD symptoms, and show students have had  more success in school.

brain/article/3bf9b3eb1f463110VgnVCM20000012281eac
The following website from the National Wildlife Federation lists "10 Reasons Kids Need Fresh Air"
Great information.


2 comments:

  1. I thought of this post when I took my kids to the park early this morning. We had a busy day ahead and got outside briefly while we could. Makes such a difference. Great use of pictures and technology - you're really getting the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitly agree with this article. When I was a young kid I always used to be playing outside with all of my neighbors. I was very lucky to have all the kids around me the same age as me so we all loved playing the same games together. By being outside so much as a young kid it kept me active and made me continue to be active as i got older.

    ReplyDelete