Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mind over Matter

What is 'mind over matter' all about?  Why is it when you have confidence and a positive outlook you seem to make out better?  How does one keep a positive mindset when faced with intimidating or stressful situations.  Years ago people would think that those that talked to themselves were crazy.  I have found that periodically reminding myself to stay positive and believe that things will turn out for the best.  It is an emotional, psychological, approach to mental health.  When the mind, body and spirit portray and aura of confidence, there seems to be a response that aligns more with goals than when one goes in with an insecure attitude.  The website listed talks about the 'mind over matter' theory.  The way one stands, acts, and looks  seems to portray an unspoken language that help others to make decisions about you and the opportunity they may offer or deny you.  I found relaxing and talking oneself into believing you can do something also develops and advantageous angle for success.   Professor Ashok Sharma was a professor of physics whos studied cognitive ability said, "Science cannot integrate a non-physical entity, like consciousness, into its conceptual framework, and views human personality as a non-conscious physical system."  I think that as I research this a bit more I will find that it is a matter of the brain's chemistry that helps determine the outcome of the attitude in the 'mind over matter' approach..  Dr, Suess pnce said,  "Be who you are and say what you feel because thiose who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ACAW_enUS368US368&q=mind+over+matter+science+behind


4 comments:

  1. I really like this post. I sometimes talk to myself to de-stress or to stay positive. It is amazing how self-talk can make you feel better and then your performance will be better. If you go into something terribly nervous thinking it will be a disaster, it probably will be. But if you talk yourself through some situations it is very beneficial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite posts that I've read. Positive self talk and positive psychology absolutely does work. Having negative thoughts and feeling overwhelmed or stressed does not provide any benefit for anything you do. Working to create and maintain positive thinking patterns can completely transform one's life for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this post, positive thinking is important to achieve in a stressful lifestyle. I catch myself alot being negative towards myself, or my work so i know its something i can improve on. But it is good to know that im not crazy for talking to or encouraging myself outloud on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this post because I firmly believe in having a positive attitude will get you through the most difficult tasks. I think if you have a positive outlook and hope for the best, you will never admit defeat and keep striving until you have reached your goals. School, work, family, friends, and life in general can generate very stressful situations, but it is a matter of how you absorb all of those experiences and how you cope and release your stresses with the environment around you. I think it's important to find a positive release from your daily stresses, whether it's confiding with a friend or taking the time to be alone and enjoy a movie, in order to balance your happiness. =)

    ReplyDelete